Monday 24 October 2011

8th Update ($20.00-$1000 BR Challenge)

So my last post was about a downswing of 30buy-ins.

The good news is, I've managed to turn it around  a little bit. I'm still not running great and the cards aren't falling my way. I believe I've been making correct decisions as the crucial points in a tournament, on the bubble for example folding big hands when two monster stacks shoving.

I played a quickish session this morning with only 33 games played and ran at 64% ROI with a net profit of $9.00 or so.

I think I've tightened up my shoving/calling range at the 45man and it seemed to of worked well, I managed to hit a few final tables, with the best place coming from a 2nd place..

However, the best part was playing a 10c 360man purely because the games take a while to load up and these are so fishy and easy and I managed to win one lol. This is surprising because of the vairence invovled but once I hit the FT I quite easily run over everyone, everyone was so so bad..I had the chip lead on the table at the start and busted nearly every player. Heads up I had double his stack with around 350k and within a few hands busted him. Was a nice result!

I hit 3 final tables of 90men tournaments and only played 5 in total (these take forever to fill up) but nothing seemed to of happened and I didn't run the best. My last tournament I finished in 6th place when I shipped UTG+1 with 6 blinds left holding A,J got snap called by someone holding 2'2s! Anyway, he somehow managed to hold and win..nevermind..I think I got it in good enough.

I'm just happy in general my bad run is beginning to turn round...and hopefully the next post I make I'll be winning again lol..This is a long grind and boring one...i can't stand 50c games I just want to move to the $3.00 games ASAP.








Session Games: 33

Total P/L: +$9.13




Total Games:    974

Total P/L:        +$116.71

Bankroll:           $146.91








As you can see, I've been playing now for over 2 weeks and still haven't got in over 1000 games. This is so so bad and well below what I wanted. I wanted at LEAST 2000 games under my belt and be playing $1.50/$2.00/$$3.50 games...

Hell, once I finally get to these limits I know volume will increase because I will have a lot more motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment